Descriptions of the CellProfiler project can be found on the Press page.
The CellProfiler project is based at the Broad Institute Imaging Platform. It was started by Anne E. Carpenter and Thouis (Ray) Jones in the laboratories of David M. Sabatini and Polina Golland at the Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research and MIT's CSAIL.
The Broad Institute Imaging Platform is available for non-profit consulting on challenging image analysis and data mining projects. Learn more and contact us via the Carpenter lab website to explore a collaboration.
Funding for the CellProfiler project:
- The Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard
- Novartis postdoc fellowship from the Life Sciences Research Foundation (to Anne E. Carpenter)
- Merck/MIT Computational & Systems Biology postdoc fellowship (to Anne E. Carpenter)
- L'Oreal for Women in Science fellowship award (to Anne E. Carpenter)
- Society for Biomolecular Screening Small Grant Award (to Anne E. Carpenter)
- DOD Tuberous Sclerosis Complex Grant (to David M. Sabatini)
- Sabatini Laboratory funding: Whitehead Institute, NIH, Mathers Foundation, DeCamp Foundation, Blum Foundation, Pew Charitable Trust, Keck Foundation
Current and past CellProfiler team members (in order of joining): Anne E. Carpenter, Thouis (Ray) Jones, In Han Kang, Ola Friman, Steve Lowe, Joo Han Chang, Colin Clarke, Michael Lamprecht, Peter Swire, Rodrigo Ipince, Vicky Lay, Jun Liu, Chris Gang, Adam Papallo, Christopher Lewis, Martha Vokes, Kyungnam Kim, Vebjorn Ljosa, David Logan, Peggy Anthony, Björn Nilsson, Adam Fraser, Mark Bray, Kate Madden, Lee Kamentsky, Carolina Wählby, Tejas Shah, Auguste Genovesio, Shantanu Singh, Tammy Riklin-Raviv, Jan de Boer, Matthew Veneskey, Samuel Markson.
CellProfiler Team, October 2012
Back row, left to right: Carolina Wählby, David Logan, Matthew Veneskey, Mark Bray, Shantanu Singh, Jan de Boer.
Front row, left to right: Anne Carpenter (co-founder), Vebjorn Ljosa, Auguste Genovesio, Tammy Riklin-Raviv, Lee Kamentsky.